Saturday, February 13, 2010

Torpedo From Lucca Bros.

There are times when the thought terminating cliches are true. Rarely is "it" "all good". But, in the case of torpedo sandwiches from the Lucca deli, it really, truly is.  The torpedo is a semi-random collection of coldcuts, whatever the early meat cutter has a lot of or just plain fancies, on a hard sour roll. The morning shift makes up a bunch of them early and wraps them up for sale at $3.00 a pop over the course of the day. They usually sell out early, so I can't really go in planning to get one, but whenever I go and they have them, I buy one, no matter what else I came in to get.

When I went in for some sandwich meat Friday, it was late in the afternoon, the time of day when the torpedoes have usually long since been sold and eaten, so I was surprised to see torpedoes in the case.  It was tasty. Hot coppa, some kind of large-format, summer-sausagey wet salami, pepper turkey, and pastrami on a hard, sour roll. Couple mustard packets and some napkins. Three dollars. All good, I ask? What part isn't?

Moronically, I left my camera charger someplace that is not my home and where it does not help me in charging my image-capturing device, so I don't have a picture of the sandwich. You've seen a hard roll with some cold cuts on it before, though. Seeing it is far from the important sensory component with regard to this sandwich.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Lucca deli! One of my favorites ever. And those boxes of tiny ravioli, tied up with string. So good. Haven't found ravioli that good in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete